Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Some functions and services offered through our Services may require you provide certain personally identifiable information (“PII”). We may collect PII if you provide it including email address, name, postal address, or telephone number. We may also collect other information about you we associate with your PII such as your interests, preferences and demographics. You may contact us to review the PII in our files and may withdraw your consent to use such PII at any time and for any reason by contacting us as described at the end of this Policy.
Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
We may share your PII for the following purposes and under the following circumstances.
- We may share your PII with our affiliates, partners, technical consultants, auditors and other third parties, for example, to make our website(s) available, enhance their functionality, or provide associated services, and/or who deal with you in delivering content, samples, products, gifts and prizes.
- We may make PII we collect through our website, along with certain other information about you, available to companies whose objectives, products and/or services may interest you or provide your PII to similarly like-minded organizations, unless you opt out of being included in our mailing list in accordance with this Policy.
- We may transfer your personally identifiable information and other information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our assets to another party.
- We may also provide aggregate statistics and de-identified data about our website users, including traffic patterns and related site information, to third parties for their own purposes, including statistical analysis.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We may use your personally identifiable information and other information we collect about you for purposes described in this policy or disclosed to you on our websites or in connection with our mission. We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our websites;
- send you newsletters, including any online newsletter(s) you have requested;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site;
- send you a welcoming email, to contact you about your use of our Site and to provide important Site updates;
- provide and deliver information you request;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve our Site;
- send you surveys or questionnaires;
- send you related information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about offered by us or our selected partners;
- use for editorial purposes, such as to contact you about content you have submitted to our Site or to give attribution to content you submit;
- link or combine it with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- investigate and take action against fraudulent or illegal activity or improper conduct; and
- use, store, or report your information for any other lawful purpose.
Choices about Our Use and Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
If you do not wish to receive promotional and newsletter emails from us, you may click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
If you opt-out of promotional or newsletter emails from us, we may continue to send you certain communications such as service announcements and administrative messages that relate to us and our website that are necessary to our relationship with you. If you fully opt-out or request that your information be completely removed from our system, you will not receive any further emails from us, including those related to service announcements or administrative messages.
Third Party Activities
Do Not Track Disclosures
Third Party Advertising
You may opt-out of certain interest-based advertising by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/. Please note that this will only allow you to opt-out of tailored advertisements delivered by members of NAI and that we are not associated with or responsible for the management and processing of these requests.
Third Party Cookies
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may work with a third-party partner who may collect information from you, such as your IP address and information about your browser or operating system, and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or advertising to you. The cookies placed by our third-party partners contain no personally identifiable information; they may contain demographic or other interest-based data in a de-identified form. The information in these cookies may be linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, such as your name, postal address or email, which we may share in hashed or encrypted form. To opt-out of these data provider cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Company Ads on Third Party Sites
We may use information collected using third party cookies and Web beacons on our website and in our emails to deliver advertising displayed to you on third party sites. We also may use cookie information to know when you return to our website after visiting these third-party sites. We use this information and other information about you to try to understand your interests and show you relevant advertising about products and services you may be interested in.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Server Logs
We, related web hosting providers, advertisers, ad serving and tracking companies sometimes utilize “cookie” technology on our website. Cookies are bits of data stored on your hard drive that contain no personally identifying information, but which help enhance your web-browsing experience. Not all web browsers accept cookies, and those that do usually provide a preference or setting that allows you to refuse and remove most types of browser cookies. If your browser does not accept cookies, you may still enjoy our website.
We may also use local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control for videos, or display content based upon what you view on our website to personalize your visit. Third party partners provide certain features on our website and may display advertising based upon your web browsing activity, using flash cookies to help track and store information about you. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser usually will not remove flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for certain flash cookies, please visit: https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
We, or a third party, may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on websites or in our emails. We and these third parties use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Server logs capture certain non-personally identifying data, such as the time and date of a web visit, the browser and operating system being used, and the web URL a user linked from. This information is used in aggregate form to help us plan system enhancements when necessary and to provide content that is compatible with our visitors’ web-browsing systems. We also collect information about keyword searches performed by visitors on our Site. We may keep logs of all words searched to help us learn what kinds of information our website visitors are seeking, and to improve our service to visitors.
Privacy Precaution Warning
Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via our website.
If you need to contact us with questions about your PII or would like to have your information removed from the applicable database, please visit URL or email us at [email protected].
Legal Notice and Terms and Conditions
Policy last updated April 2020.